Creative Educator's Program 2021
U.S. Embassy’s Book Bus is looking for young enthusiastic learners interested in getting creative with education!
Book Bus Nepal
U.S. Embassy’s Book Bus is looking for young enthusiastic learners interested in getting creative with education! As part of the Creative Educators Program, we’ll read together, write together and go on an amazing journey together. During this year-long journey, you will explore our educational and creative context, learn how to facilitate interactive workshops and discussions, and develop the necessary skills to run projects and programs.
We're looking for people with an interest in exploring careers in the creative industries and education. If you are seeking a learning environment that challenges you to understand the complexity of the problems we face and imagine new ways of addressing them, then this might be right up your alley.
We’re looking for 18 to 27 year olds who:
- love to learn
- are willing to experiment and learn from failures
- believe education can be a fun playground for creative ideas
- want to do something meaningful in life
- are committed, creative and kind
- prefer deeper quality engagement over showboating
- are willing to take initiatives and be reflective
- are fun to work with
As part of the Creative Educators Program, you will
- sit through a range of workshops that will help you become better thinkers and educators.
- work with communities from different places in Nepal.
- collect folktales, myths, and stories from communities and classrooms, and help young students create their own stories.
- help students use language and arts as a medium to reflect on different social issues and to express themselves.
- understand the logistical requirements and coordination skills required to make any project a success.
- learn the ropes of project and event coordination and implement it on your own (you’ll of course have all the support you need).
- come up with an idea that could touch national and international communities.
- implement a project of your own.
- share our love for books, stories and libraries.
- make friends and create unforgettable memories for life.
Find out more about the US Embassy's Book Bus here
If you are selected to be a part of the Creative Educators Program 2021, you will be expected to engage with us from April 2021 to April 2022. All trainings are free of charge and you will be remunerated for your time for the work you do.
Training starts in April. To apply, fill out this form
Deadline for applying: March 17, 2021